Can I Get Porcelain Veneers Removed If I Don’t Like Them?
Posted by AllSmiles
I have thought about getting porcelain veneers for the last two years. Six of my top front teeth are discolored, and teeth whitening hasn’t helped them much. Two of the teeth are chipped, too. I have hesitated to get veneers because I don’t want to be stuck with something I don’t like. Can I get the veneers removed if I don’t like them? Thank you. Isadora from FL
Thank you for contacting Radiant Smiles of Rocky Hill. We understand your concerns about dental treatment and how it can affect your smile and self-esteem.
Can You Remove Porcelain Veneers Removed If You Don’t Like Them?
If you don’t like your porcelain veneers, a dentist can remove and replace them with new veneers. But we encourage patients to research the porcelain veneers process and choose a dentist carefully to ensure they are satisfied with the results.
If you choose a highly skilled cosmetic dentist, they will ensure you are delighted with your veneers using these steps:
- Listen to your concerns and your description of your ideal smile
- Show you smile photos to help you make decisions about your tooth shape and shade
- Use your facial features and personalities to design veneers that are customized for you
- Create temporary veneers for you to wear and try out to ensure you will love your porcelain veneers
- Work with a master dental ceramist who uses high-quality materials to craft natural-looking porcelain veneers
How Can You Select a Cosmetic Dentist for Veneers?
You can select a cosmetic dentist for porcelain veneers with these steps:
- Ask friends or family members for recommendations.
- Read patient reviews and look for comments about porcelain veneers.
- Search each dentist’s website for their training and credentials, including advanced cosmetic dentistry training.
- Look at each dentist’s website for a smile gallery of patient photos, including porcelain veneers.
- Schedule at least two consultations with cosmetic dentists to discuss your smile goals and the dentist’s experience with cases like yours.
- Take notes during the consultations.
- Ask each dentist how they will achieve your ideal smile. The dentist’s technique should include temporary veneers for you to try out.
Your efforts to find a skilled cosmetic will ensure you love your porcelain veneers and do not want them removed.
This post is sponsored by Rocky Hill, CT, cosmetic dentist Dr. Thaddeus Michalski.