Hartford All-on-4 Dental Implants
Dental implants are the best replacement method if you are on the brink of total tooth loss. Even patients who are not eligible for traditional implants can often benefit from All-on-4 dental implants, which allow you to retain a complete upper or lower denture on just four dental implant posts. Dr. Thaddeus S. Michalski has advanced implant training and gets reliable results with All-on-4 for patients in Hartford and surrounding communities.
WHAT IS ALL-ON-4?
All-on-4 is a special dental implant method that is reserved for patients who have lost an entire arch of teeth in the upper or lower jaw. Four dental implant posts are placed strategically throughout the mouth to gain maximum support from the jaw bone. Then, a fully-functioning denture is placed on top right after—thus All-on-4’s alternate name, Teeth In a Day.
Thanks to this strategic placement of dental implants, All-on-4 often eliminates the need for a bone graft procedure to be performed first. This means patients who were previously ineligible for dental implants can now enjoy all their benefits, thanks to All-on-4!
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR ALL-ON-4?
You can expect the following with the All-on-4 dental implant procedure:
- First, we take X-rays and photographs of your jaw and oral cavity to help with the treatment planning stage.
- Before the procedure begins, we will administer anesthesia. We will only begin once we are sure you are completely comfortable.
- Once you are at ease and relaxed, Dr. Michalski will make small openings in your gums for each dental implant, precisely placing them using surgical guides.
- Two longer dental implant posts are in the front of the jaw, with another angled along each side of the mouth. A fifth or sixth dental implant will sometimes be placed for additional security.
- Afterward, Dr. Michalski will close the gums around the exposed abutment and place the denture on top soon after.
Then, you’re ready to go! It really is possible to enjoy a complete tooth replacement in less than 24 hours — but only when you choose All-on-4.
HOW DOES ALL-ON-4 COMPARE TO TRADITIONAL DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Are you undecided between traditional dental implants, like those made by Straumann, Nobel, or Biomet 3i, and All-on-4? If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, you can’t do better than the latter. Some of the key differences between All-on-4 and conventional implant systems include:
- All-on-4 can support a complete denture with fewer dental implants than would be required with traditional dental implants, often saving you money.
- All-on-4 often eliminates the need for bone graft procedures usually required with traditional dental implants.
- The teeth can be restored in a single day with All-on-4.
- Sometimes an existing denture can be secured with All-on-4, saving you even more money on replacement.
LEARN MORE ABOUT ALL-ON-4
Are you interested in how All-on-4 might work for your own teeth? We would love to discuss it in more detail because everyone deserves to benefit from a sturdy, beautiful smile! Dr. Michalski is a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He is knowledgeable and will inform you about the procedure’s risks and benefits and how All-on-4 compares with other implant denture options. Dr. Michalski’s is advanced training and experience will give you safe, predictable results with All-on-4 dental implants. We invite you to schedule a complimentary consultation.