3D CT Scanner
As an advanced type of digital radiography, cone beam technology provides the dentist with a three-dimensional, digital image of structures beneath the surface of the teeth and gums. This unprecedented view includes teeth roots, internal canals, and bone structure. CBCT (Cone-Beam Computed Tomography) scans are similar in detail to traditional medical CTs, but taken in a fraction of the time. Since the scan takes only seconds, your radiation exposure will be drastically reduced.
With the cone beam’s precision scans, we no longer rely on two-dimensional X-rays for diagnosis and treatment planning. The dentist is better equipped to:
- Uncover the cause of a patient’s previously undiagnosed pain
- Plan root canal treatment
- Place dental implants more precisely, making the surgery less exploratory and invasive: reduced trauma to surrounding tissue means that you can recover more quickly after the procedure. Click here to read more about guided implant surgery.
- Fit patients with braces that most closely meet their orthodontic needs
- Pinpoint disorders of your TMJs (temporomandibular joints) that cause headaches, teeth clenching or grinding (bruxism), or other serious issues that can negatively impact your oral health
Since you’ll have access to the cone beam technology in our Rocky Hill office, you won’t need a referral to a radiology lab. Your scans, diagnosis, and treatment will be conveniently centralized on site. When we see the detailed 3D renderings of your teeth and jaw, treatment can be more targeted and, thus, more effective.